Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pick Up Chaos

What is wrong with parents when it comes to picking up their kids from school??

3:30 pm rolls around and they forget all parking and safety rules. They are so concerned with getting their kids they forget there are other cars around. Half the time they don't pay attention and almost hit some kids. The bell rings and an explosion of little people come running out screaming and yelling.  That's when the mayhem starts. It seems like the end of the world and people are scrabbling for their kids. Needless to say I wasn't happy when I picked up my kids the other day and saw what happened to my usually pick up spot. I hate it when someone parks there. I peed on that spot, so it's mine!!

So normally, I go to the slow side of the school where the buses park. You can't park in the green section, that is reserved for the buses. It's usually no big deal, because there is plenty of room on the rest of the curve not painted green. To my surprise yesterday they painted the entire curve green. Now I have to pick up my kids on the nightmare side. The other side of the school is where all the psycho moms go. OMG, I'll need to bite my tongue.

Today, I had to take my own advice. Expect the worse and hope for the best. It wasn't a surprise when a mom double parked next to me or even worse one pulled diagonal in front of me.I had 2 choices. Let it go or slam on my horn. Wonder what I did?? LOL

Are we spoiling are kids so much these days?  Can't they walk a little anymore. Does anyone else out there feel the same way as me? I sure hope so. I would love to see a school with a better pick up design. Mine needs a make over big time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment